The Robo Bricks programming club allows children to develop algorithmic thinking and program implementation, using the LEGO® WeDo graphic programming. During each lesson, students will build a robot using LEGO® parts and program it according to the required. The course encourages solution thinking and lets children discover mechanical and software development in a playful way.
Please note that children will work in pairs. This class is not suitable for children who do not like or enjoy working in pairs.
- Robo Bricks full year 29 lessons
- Tuesdays 3:15 – 4:45 p.m.
- 4th – 6th grade
- € 520,-
Calendar Robo Bricks program 2019/2020
RoboBricks Main Topics
- Utilizing Young Engineers Spiral Method: the introduction to the world of robotics will be based on implementing all the mechanical engineering knowledge acquired in previous programs.
- Software and Mechanical Engineering principles: Algorithm planning, formulation of pseudocode, flow charts, We-Do Programming, different output implementations, different input implementations, loops, multi-threads, keyboard operations, sensor implementations, calculation commands.
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship: Market study, product page, how Google works, Microsoft Power Point, rhetorical methods.
- Develop algorithmic thinking.
- Learn English software engineering terminology.
- Develop procedural thinking.
- Develop self-confidence and a sense of self-efficacy.
- Submit a final project.
- Develop presentation skills and nurture rhetorical capabilities.
- Develop the following 21st century skills:
- Working in teams efficiently.
- Computer orientation.
- Acquiring information system and media literacy.
- Develop High Order thinking skills with an emphasis on critical and creative thinking.