The Robotics & software engineering course allows children to develop algorithmic thinking and program implementation, using the LEGO Mindstorms® EV3 graphic programming. During each lesson, students will build a robot using LEGO® parts and an intelligent programmable EV3 block, sensors and motors. They learn to program their robots according to the required.
Please note that children will work in pairs. This class is not suitable for children who do not like or enjoy working in pairs.
- Robotics Program full year 29 lessons
- Mondays 3:15 – 4:45 p.m.
- 6th – 9th grade
- € 520,-
Calendar Robotics &software engineering program 2019/2020
The Robotics & Software enrichment program provides theoretical knowledge in software and mechanical engineering combined with mathematics and physics. The program includes real-life practical software programming and the Young Engineers Edutainment approach, which combines learning with playing.
In each lesson, the children build a model using LEGO® bricks and components that demonstrate the lesson’s subject. Each group receives a unique kit which is designed and manufactured especially for this purpose as well as programmatic interface tools, including NXT Intelligent bricks, sensors and servo motors. A new subject will be taught every lesson and will take the children several steps toward understanding and using the scientific-engineering solution learned during the session.
The Main Goal and Idea
- Investigating machines from a real engineer’s point of view
- OOP – Object Oriented Programming
- Focusing on mechanical software design, using teamwork
- Investigating the programmatic mechanisms required to operate the machine, using mathematics and physics
- Finding solutions for programmatic-mechanical optimization problems
- Develops procedural logical thinking
- Develops the ability to cope malfunctions
- Develops mathematical thinking
- Develops programming skills
- Develops motor skills
- Encourages creative thinking
- Develops engineering processes analytic skills
- Strengthens social aptitude, self-confidence and a sense of capability